Wednesday

In the middle of the rules of Golf

I hear many debates on the rigidity of the rules of Golf. I hear a lot of discussions about "honor and integrity", then the opposite side of the coin with "stupid" and inflexible on certain rules. And situations that have occurred on the professional golf tour feed and fan of this debate even more.
An example is the Roberto De Vicenzo tragic loss at the Masters 1968. Why he had this big losses? He drew the wrong scorecard. Look at the recent disqualification of Jim Furyk a FedEx cup event because he overslept and the pro-am portion of the golf tournament missed. Both of these point out examples of event the Fiery golf traditionalist question will make things.

And personally, I think that maybe it's time for the USGA and the R & (A) to take a look at things. An example that I always quote about the rules, the rule that if you ball for any reason moves while you are addressing, which is a criminal. This rule seems a little crazy to me. And I am a big traditionalist when it comes to the game of golf.

So what makes sense? Well, I'll leave it to the ultimate "experts" in the golf world to figure it out, but I have a few thoughts on the matter.

I think it is time to add a little common sense to the mix. I think there are some things that can be done and that does not affect the integrity of the sport. The rule that I mentioned on ball movement while the golfer is the approach can be changed. Here is another example: If you your club while in a danger to the ground, it is a fine. And it doesn't matter if you are anywhere near your golf ball.
I understand the purpose of this specific rule. It is to prevent a golfer, for example, improving his or her lie in a sand trap. So no grounding your golf club to prevent our building a better lie of the ball. OK is that makes perfect sense. But if I were in the other end of the val am and accidentally touching the sand with my golf club, should I be punished? This sort of thing is where I think the rules can be changed and some common sense in the game.

This will, in fact, happen? Who knows? But I found it interesting that the PGA the rule that Furyk got into trouble suspended to be further studied. Good for them! There is at least some recognition that things need to be looked at. Now this situation is not technically a rules situation, it is a violation of the PGA rules, but I think the concept is the same, and I hope that the thinking will translate to the lines and the "powers that be" in Golf to take a look.

Looking to improve your game? Get a new Driver - Taylor Made, Nike, or Callaway golf club is yours for the taking. Click Here!


GetYourGolfClubs.com will pay your green fees and give you a new set of Nike VR Clubs.Click Here!

No comments: